Due to the chaos of life recently, my blog has been severely neglected. I am hoping that with the kids returning to school I can find more time to waffle online.
In a bid to ease me back into writing, I’m following a 30-day writing challenge set by the wonderful @mytalesfromthecrib who you can find on Instagram.
I cannot promise that you’ll get 30 consecutive days of writing from me, I am a lazy blogger, however, I intend to give it my all and hopefully rediscover my blogging groove.
As always, I’m late to the party. One of the challenges set is to write 30 reasons why I’m amazing. I’ve decided to start with this.
I’ve found this an extremely difficult task. I’m famous amongst my friends and family for my awkwardness in accepting a compliment; even more so for my constant self-deprecating comments, so trying to find 30 reasons why I’m a total badass goes against every fibre of my existence.
Nevertheless, here it goes.
- I am dedicated. It doesn’t matter what I do, I give it my all.
- I am kind. Always.
- My body grew and birthed three humans. Three!
- I can cook and I enjoy it. Feeding my family is never a chore because I feel most at home in the kitchen. You’ll always find me there at parties.
- I can make a lot from a little. This is something that I have prided myself on for many years.
- I am creative. I have a big imagination and use it frequently.
- I am resilient. Having been dealt with some very bad hands over the years, I have always overcome my roadblocks with a smile on my face and a sparkle in my eye.
- I am optimistic. If there is a grey cloud, I can guarantee I will find the silver lining.
- I have a good sense of humour. I truly believe that having the ability to laugh at yourself is an important skill to master. It took me many years, however, I now actively live by the phrase, if you can’t laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?!
- I love reading. This is a trait that I hope my own little monsters will have.
- After several glasses of wine, I become the sexiest woman alive and can dance really well! True story!
- I have stretch marks all over my body and I’m ok with it. This seems a strange one to make a person amazing, however, I spent the best part of my 20s (OK, all of my 20s) hating my body. If you had asked me at 22 what I’d change about myself, I could reel a list off as long as my arm. Once I hit 30 though, I started to appreciate my body for the human growing warrior machine it was. My body reflects the life it’s lived (and the cake it’s eaten) and I love that!
- At 30 years old, I’m pursuing my dreams and have returned to education to get a degree. This was a badass thing to do!
- I’m a good mum. Like all those with kids, there are days where I could do better, but when it comes down to it, I know I am a good parent. I work hard, my children are loved, encouraged, and supported. I don’t always get it right, but I’m doing my best and that is enough.
- On the back of being a good mum, I would also like to add that I am a good wife. Just ask my husband!
- I’m supportive of others. No matter how big or small a person’s dreams are if I can help or encourage, I’m there.
- I’m compassionate. I have a big heart. I would honestly give away my last penny if it meant changing the life of someone else for the better.
- I’m more than just a mum. This is important to me as part of what makes me amazing. I love my children with every ounce of my existence, but I am more than just a mum. I am a woman; I have my own dreams outside of my mum bubble and I’m allowed to chase them.
- I’m a good laugh on a night out. See number 10.
- I am a good friend. I listen well and I’m there at the drop of a hat if I’m needed. I don’t have a huge friend group but the friends I do keep, I keep close to my heart.
- I can bleed for 7 consecutive days every month and survive while showing minimal signs of injury. My husband might try and tell you that my personality changes significantly, but he’s always being dramatic.
- I support my husband who has a PTSD diagnosis. We have good and bad days, however, we always get through.
- I am honest. I’m not obnoxiously honest, but I always say what I really think. This is a trait I have had to hone over the years because if my mouth doesn’t say what I’m thinking, my face usually does.
- I live by strong morals of treating others with respect and kindness. I have no time for rudeness or intolerance.
- While I struggle to accept a compliment, I am proud of how far I have come over the years.
- I can bake. Cake’s, biscuits, and pies. A good skill to have on birthdays and Christmas, however, not so much when you’re dieting.
- I once had an illness that put me in intensive care for almost a month. I nearly died. It was the scariest thing I’ve ever experienced but I survived and have tried to live life to the fullest ever since.
- I am fun. All things should have an element of fun.
- I am really good at internet shopping. Nothing says badass like a good bargain!
- I am no shrinking violet. This is a positive for me, my mum often calls me a ‘gobshite’ but I stand up for what I think is right and if I know I can do something, I won’t let anyone tell me I can’t.
So, there we have it. My 30 reasons. It was hard to write and has taken me longer than I thought it would put together. It is an empowering thing to do though. If you’re ever at a loss of something to do, sit and write some positives about yourself. I guarantee you’ll feel amazing.
Until next time…